HOW TO BUILD THE PERFECT LAMB MEATBALL PITA!
SPICED LAMB MEATBALLS
We wanted to bring the smells and tastes of Tel Aviv into your home so what better way than a freshly made pita! We have tried to make it simple to assemble to deliver the same product you would be served at our stall in Borough Market.
Thank you so much for supporting us by ordering this kit, we hope you enjoy cooking with it and can’t wait to see your pita images! Please post your pita image on insta and tag us @shuklondon with the hashtag #shukpitachallenge The most sexy pita image each week will win the choice of a free DIY pita or free DIY babka kit! Happy cooking and lots of love from us, Mark and Richard xx
1. Transfer the meatballs to an oven proof dish. Heat the meatballs at 170c in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until piping hot.
2. Once the meatballs are piping hot turn off the oven, place a small pan or ovenproof bowl of boiling water in the oven (you can use the kettle). Put the pita in the oven on a rack above the hot water and leave for a few minutes – this will make them soft.
3. Slice the pita in half and open up into a pocket. Spoon some chilli yoghurt into the pita and spread around to get an even layer.
4. Mix the coriander, mint and pickled red cabbage in a salad bowl.
5. Place a layer of the pickled red cabbage and herb mix on one side of the pita.
6. Spoon three pieces of meatball and some sauce into the other side of the half pita. Add a few drops of the chilli yoghurt on top of the meatballs and sprinkle a few more herbs to decorate. 8. Devour! SPICED LAMB MEATBALLS www.shuklondon.com 9. It is easier to fill a half than a whole pita hence doing it this way – you can build them as you eat them so they stay fresh and delicious. You will have 8 x half pitas with three half meatballs in each.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ALLERGENS: NUTS, MILK, SOYA, GLUTEN, EGGS, SESAME, PEANUTS, FISH, SHELLFISH, MOLUSC, MUSTARD, SULPHUR DIOXIDE. SPICED LAMB MEATBALLS www.shuklondon.com REFRIGERATE THE INGREDIENTS STRAIGHT AWAY ON ARRIVAL AND USE ON THE DELIVERY OR FOLLOWING DAY LATEST – BEST USED ON DAY OF DELIVERY.