HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BRISKET PITA THERE IS!!
We are so excited to be collaborating with Ginger Pig on our first beef brisket pita DIY kit. We have worked with the team from Ginger Pig since day one of Shuk and are excited to celebrate the amazing relationship that we have developed with this epic kit.
The brisket is lovingly braised for 12 hours with date honey, baharat spices and sweet red wine and is a much loved recipe created by Mark’s wife Limor.
Thank you so much for supporting us by ordering this kit, we hope you enjoy cooking with it and can’t wait to see your pita posts! Please post your pita images on insta and tag us @shuklondon and @gingerpigltd with the hashtag #killerbrisket Happy cooking and lots of love from us. xx
1. Take the brisket out of the vac pac bag and divide into four equal portions – flatten each portion onto some baking parchment on a small oven tray and cover tightly with foil. Reheat the brisket at 170c in the oven for 20 minutes or until piping hot. Try to have the tray totally sealed so that the brisket doesn’t dry out.
2. Once the brisket is piping hot, place a small pan or ovenproof bowl of boiling water in the oven (you can use the kettle). Put the pita in the oven on a rack above the hot water and leave for a few minutes – this will make them soft. Don’t leave for too long or they might dry out.
3. Remove the foil and place a slice of cheese on top of each portion of brisket and put back in the oven until melted.
3. Slice the pita in half and open up into a pocket. Spoon some smoked mustard mayo into the pita and spread around to get an even layer.
4. Add a of leaf of lettuce on the mayo and then a spoonful of pickled red onions.
5. Using a spatula divide each portion of brisket in two. Lift the brisket off the tray with the cheese on top and place half a brisket portion into each half pita on top of the pickled red onions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ALLERGENS: Gluten, S.Dioxide, Milk, Mustard, Eggs and may contain Sesame REFRIGERATE ALL INGREDIENTS APART FORM THE BREAD AND USE WITHIN THREE DAYS OF DELIVERY (INCLUDING DELIVERY DAY)