HOW TO MAKE YOUR BABKA!
Tel Aviv Market Food
We wanted to bring the smells and tastes of Tel Aviv into your home so what better way than a freshly baked babka. We have tried to make it quick and easy so please check our babka highlight on insta @shuklondon for a video by the our very talented friend @robson.eats.
Thank you so much for supporting us by ordering this kit, we hope you enjoy cooking with it and can’t wait to see your babkas! Please post your babka image on insta and tag us @shuklondon with the hashtag #shukbabkachallenge The most sexy babka image each week will win a bespoke babka kit devised by Mark. Happy cooking and lots of love from us, Mark and Richard xx
1. Roll dough with some plain flour on the workbench to
about 3mm thickness into a big rectangle.
2. Spread the chocolate & hazelnut paste over the whole
surface of the dough (leave one cm on each edge).
3. Spread an even layer of cookie crumbs and chocolate
drops on top of the chocolate & hazelnut paste.
4. Start to roll the pastry from the side closest to you
away from you in a spiral keeping it quite tight.
5. Check the video highlight on @shuklondon instagram
to see the next bit - cut the roll lengthways and separate
the two pieces - cross over on one end and twist. Then
twist all the way along to the other end.
6. Place in the babka mould - you don’t need to grease
the mould. Let it prove in a warm place for about an
hour until it starts to swell and become puffy.
7. Lightly brush the surface of the babka with eggwash.
8. Set the oven to 170c and cook the babka for 30/35
9. As soon as the babka is out use a pastry brush to
generously cover the babka repeatedly with the vanilla
syrup – start from one end and move back and forth
until it is all used up – it seems like a lot but it absorbs
into the dough and keeps it soft and delicious
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ALLERGENS: NUTS, MILK, SOYA, GLUTEN, EGGS, SESAME, PEANUTS REFRIGERATE THE BABKA DOUGH STRAIGHT AWAY ON ARRIVAL AND USE WITHIN THREE DAYS OF DELIVERY (INCLUDING DELIVERY DAY