SABICH, THE PITA SANDWICH OF DREAMS!
We wanted to bring the smells and tastes of Tel Aviv into your home so what better way than a freshly made sabich pita!
Sabich is a traditional Iraqi breakfast found all over Tel Aviv. Mark’s father in law Avi serves up the most amazing sabich for breakfast every Saturday. Our recipe was inspired by the taste of Avi’s amazing sabich and we can’t wait for you to try it.
Thank you so much for supporting us by ordering this kit, we hope you enjoy cooking with it and can’t wait to see your pita images!
Please post your pita image on insta and tag us @shuklondon.
Happy cooking and lots of love from us,
Mark and Richard xx
NUTS, MILK, SOYA, GLUTEN, EGGS, SESAME, PEANUTS, MUSTARD, SULPHUR DIOXIDE.
REFRIGERATE THE INGREDIENTS STRAIGHT AWAY ON ARRIVAL AND USE ON THE DELIVERY OR FOLLOWING DAY LATEST – BEST USED ON DAY OF DELIVERY.
- Heat the oven to 160c.
- Chop the aubergine into one inch chunks and slice the eggs into half cm slices. Place in a heat proof oven dish and heat for about 10 minutes or until the eggs and aubergine are piping hot .
- Add the tomatoes and pickled cucumber to the tray with the aubergine and eggs and heat for a minute to warm them up. Once hot take the tray out of the oven.
- Place a small pan or ovenproof bowl of boiling water in the oven (you can use the kettle). Put the pita in the oven on a rack above the hot water and leave for a few minutes – this will make them soft. Don’t leave them too long or they will dry out. Maybe set a timer for two minutes and check them.
- While the bread is warming Add the coriander and amba tahini to the tray of aubergine, egg, pickled cucumber and tomato and mix so that all ingredients are coated with the amba tahini and evenly distributed.
- Cut the edge off the pita to allow you to open them up and then evenly distribute the sabich mix between the pita by spooning it into the pockets of pita.
- Drizzle with some harissa oil and schug and devour!